All Adults here...or are we??


 


The Strick family. Oh my, where to begin with them? We meet Astrid, who is about to tell her family a secret that she feels will rock them to the core. Honestly, her secret is the least shocking thing about this book. 
We meet her daughter, Porter who is pregnant and single. At first I’m thinking “hell yes! How progressive and awesome you don’t need a man to raise a baby!” Then I quickly HATE her. Like honestly, this chick does not have a single redeeming quality about her. I could totally go on and on about my dislike of her, but I don't want to give anything away, but SPOILER ALERT- Porter completely sucks.

 Normally, characters have a redeeming quality about them somewhere, but in All Adults Here, we never get to know the characters well enough to figure it out. We meet the entire Strick family, and while Cecilia is the only likable character, we just never get enough depth from ANY of the characters. 
I decided to give this book 2 stars mostly because I love the friendship of Cecilia & August/Robin. 

Overall, the book left a lot to be desired. We never really finish with any of the characters, and the last chapter of the book felt like it was completely thrown in. 

I think I’ll try other books by Emma before I completely write her off though. Better luck next time! ❤️
 
Any Emma Straub readers here? Let me know your thoughts on this book, and please give me recommendations of her books to try next! 





Comments

Popular Posts