The Book of Two Ways


 


The Book of Two Ways introduces us to Dawn, while she's experiencing her own version of a Grey's Anatomy crisis. She then has a decision to make- go back to her old life, or explore what could have been. 
The idea of the Egyptology excited me, however some of it (okay most of it) did not add too much to the story, and was difficult to get through. Then came the physics...and all of that honestly went way over my head. But, with that being said I did truly enjoy this book. During this COVID-19 pandemic, it was nice to open a book and feel as is I was traveling to Egypt and escaping the reality that has become Quarantine 2020. 
As always, Jodi kept me on my seat, and I did not see the ending coming. I only wish that there was a finality with Dawns future. Maybe, she left that open to the reader so that we could each create our own bit of happiness with whatever we would hope for Dawn. It does pose the question though, did what we want for Dawn, maybe reflect a bit on things we would want to change about our OWN lives? "Who would you be, if you hadn't turned out to be the person you are now?"
 



Comments

Popular Posts